Capital & Regional has had a long history, owning an managing multiple retail and leisure interests in both the UK and abroad.
- The Mall Camberley is sold to Surrey Heath Borough Council.
- The Marlowes centre in Hemel Hempstead is acquired.
- C&R and Drum Property Group acquire the Buttermarket Centre in Ipswich.
- The group completes disposal of it's German portfolio.
- Dramatic internal refurbishment of The Mall Walthamstow is completed and work begins on refurbishment works for The Mall Maidstone.
- C&R converts to a REIT on 31st December 2014. The REIT regime enables Capital & Regional to benefit from a zero corporation tax rate on qualifying property income and capital gains.
- Acquisition of the Mall units completed with C&R now owning 100% of The Mall Fund.
- After successful completion of major development works the Waterside centre in Lincoln is sold to Tesco Pension Fund for consideration of £46.0 million at net initial yield of 5.88%.
- Sale of Jaman Fields in Hemel Hempstead to Tesco Pension Fund is completed.
- The Great Northern Warehouse in Manchester is sold, facilitating the Group to repay its last element of on balance sheet debt.
- Sutton Coldfield and Uxbridge shopping centres are sold.
- The Groups sells its 11.9% stake in the X-Leisure Fund and its 50% interest in X-Leisure Limited to a subsidiary of Land Securities Group plc
- The Group sells its 50% stake in Xscape Braehead to joint venture partners Capital Shopping Centres
- The Junction Fund is sold to subsidiaries of Hammerson plc
- The Mall sells Norwich shopping centre
- C&R and Oaktree Capital Management purchase the 1 million sq ft Kingfisher Shopping Centre in Redditch
- The Group acquires additional units in The Mall Unit Trust. Group stake increased to 20.15% in The Mall Fund.
- The Mall sells Barnsley and Middlesbrough shopping centres
- The Junction sells Porstmouth Retail Park
- The Group purchases Waterside Shopping Centre in the Cathedral city of Lincoln
- Sale of the Group's office premises at 10 Lower Grosvenor Place, London and adjoining Beeston Place property
- The Mall sells Aberdeen, Preston and Ilford shopping centres
- X-Leisure sells Grants, Croydon and Fiveways, Birmingham
- The Junction sells Aylesbury and Hull retail parks
- Sale of the Group's 30% interest in Manchester Arena
- John Clare appointed Chairman
- Acquisition of 30% share in Garigal Asset Management GmbH
- Restructuring of Mall bonds and extension of fund life to 2017
- The Mall sells four shopping centres at Falkirk, Gloucester, Romford and Southampton
- £69 million placing and open offer, with Parkdev as anchor investor, alongside renegotiation of Group banking facilities
- £50 million rights issue in X-Leisure, alongside refinancing of banking facilities
- Creation of X-Leisure Limited joint venture with Hermes
- £64 million rights issue in The Junction with AREA as anchor investor, alongside refinancing of banking facilities
- The Mall sells Bexleyheath shopping centre
- The Junction sells Aberdeen and Slough retail parks, and the non-core industrial property at Portsmouth
- X-Leisure sells the O2 Centre, Finchley Road, London
- Sale of the remaining interest in the Cardiff joint venture
- Hugh Scott-Barrett appointed Chief Executive
- The Mall sells three shopping centres at Epsom, Edgware and Chester
- £286 million rights issue in The Mall
- Sale of 50% of the German portfolio
- Sale of 80% of the FIX UK portfolio
- The Junction sells Great Western Retail Park, Glasgow; Templars Retail Park, Oxford; and St George's Retail Park, Leicester
- Sale of the CostCo unit at Cardiff
- Cardiff development gains final approvals
- The Junction sells Blackpole Retail Park, Worcester
- Sale of Xscape Milton Keynes and Castleford to X-Leisure
- Acquisition of portfolio of six FIX UK properties
- X-Leisure sells Star City
- Further acquisitions in Germany for €379 million
- Sale of Morfa Shopping Park, Swansea to The Junction
- Junction sells four secondary retail parks for a combined total of £159.8 million
- The Mall raises a further £375 million with Mall bond tap issue
- Acquisition of 30% interest in Manchester Arena
- Purchase of four shopping centres from Prudential for £537 million
- The Mall sells two of the four centres acquired from Prudential.
- The Junction purchases the Kittybrewster Retail Park in Aberdeen
- The Mall acquires Main Square Shopping Centre in Camberley, Surrey
- The Junction purchases Telford Forge Retail Park and Slough Retail Park
- The Mall Fund refinances £1.06 billion of bank debt, believed to be the largest single tranche of Sterling AAA rated Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities ever issued
- Formation of a joint venture with the German property group Hahn AG, one of Germany's leading co-investing property asset managers, to acquire and actively manage out of town retail properties in Germany. Establishment of €110 million portfolio of eight out of town retail centres
- Purchase of the T3 trade park portfolio, comprising 23 trade parks and ten industrial estates
- Subsale of the ten industrial estates from the T3 portfolio
- Sale of Glasgow Fort Shopping Park
- The Mall purchases Eastgate Shopping Centre, Gloucester and The Junction purchases the Courts unit at Thurrock
- Establishment of the X-Leisure fund, formed from the combination of three existing funds previously managed by MWB, valued at £500 million
- The Junction purchases The Great Western Retail Park, Glasgow and sells Cockhedge Shopping Park, Warrington
- Partnership with AWG in respect of the Great Northern leisure and commercial development in central Manchester
- Acquisition of the fund management business of Marylebone Warwick Balfour
- The Mall purchases the Grosvenor Centre, Chester
- The Junction purchases a portfolio of retail parks from Kingfisher for £696 million
- Partnership established with Pillar Property to develop Glasgow's first major shopping park
- The Junction acquires four retail parks for £145 million, in Stoke, Thurrock, Ipswich and Warrington
- Construction commences on the second Xscape in Castleford, Leeds
- Formation of two new property funds with Morley Fund Management Ltd. The Mall Fund, focused on in-town covered shopping centres, initially comprises 11 shopping centres. The Junction Fund, focused on major retail parks, comprises 11 parks
- New Board structure announced: Tom Chandos appointed Chairman and Martin Barber Chief Executive
- Company name changed from Capital and Regional Properties plc to Capital & Regional plc
- Announced re-designed corporate logo and moved to new offices
- Acquisition of The Ashley Shopping Centre, Epsom and St Andrew's Quay Retail Park, Hull
- Started construction of Xscape in Milton Keynes
- Acquired Westway Shopping Park, Greenford
- Acquisition of The Pallasades Shopping Centre, Birmingham
- 2 for 7 Rights Issue of 21.8 million new ordinary shares at 280p per share
- Agreement to acquire the 75.1% interest in Lanham PLC which Capital & Regional did not already own
- Acquisition of shopping centre portfolio for £147 million including The Howgate Shopping Centre, Falkirk; The Sauchiehall Centre, Glasgow; The Alhambra Shopping Centre, Barnsley; Selbourne Walk, Walthamstow; Liberty 2, Romford
- £75.6 million of acquisitions made during the year including Shopping City, Wood Green
- £26 million Convertible Subordinated Unsecured Loan Stock Issue
- £50 million spent on UK acquisitions (including joint venture acquisitions)
- Creation of joint venture partnerships with JLW Finance
- Moved to the Official list of the London Stock Exchange
- £51 million spent on UK acquisitions, including Eldon Garden Shopping Centre, Newcastle
- Rights issue raising £25.3 million
- £42 million spent on UK acquisitions, including The Trinity Shopping Centre, Aberdeen
- Four share issues raising £17.9 million
- Second joint venture partnership with PDFM Limited
- US Flotation of CenterPoint as a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) through $126 million offering
- £14 million spent on UK acquisitions
- Creation of joint venture partnerships with Securum and PDFM Limited
- Placing and Open Offer to shareholders raising £5.7 million
- Creation of joint venture partnership with Charterhouse Bank
- Sold 60% of UK portfolio
- Capital and Regional Properties was floated on the Unlisted Securities Market of the London Stock Exchange
- Formation of USA subsidiary, CenterPoint Properties Corporation, Illinois
- Capital and Regional Properties was formed in 1979