How We Work
Our experienced team has applied asset management skills to over 25 UK shopping centres (a combined area of c9.0m sq ft) over the past ten years.
We have developed market leading processes to deal with the investment lifecycle. From purchase, management reconfiguration/repositioning/refurbishment to sale - our people are focused on adding value at every stage.
We apply a fully integrated approach to the management of the centres - no outsourcing of key functions, rather direct relationships with retailers, shoppers and communities. We operate vibrant and welcoming shopping environments, dominant in their local catchments. We market those centres to encourage repeat visits and increased spend. Through harvesting economies of scale we focus on total cost of retailer occupation, contributing to the profitable trading of our retail occupiers. Through intimate market knowledge and strong retailer relationships, we create the right space to meet contemporary retail formats in the right retail environments.
By operating the properties as individual businesses, with a strong emphasis on high performing on-site management teams, we energetically drive income generation and ultimately investor returns.
How we grow and maintain income from our portfolio
- We believe there are a number of assets that meet our potential investment criteria. Typically these will be assets that are under performing in their catchment but have significant asset management or development opportunities.
- If suitable we will acquire, wherever possible leveraging our deep industry relationships to secure off market transactions.
- Operational excellence, including developing an excellent local team, driving footfall through creative marketing, maximising commercial income opportunities, reducing costs, enhancing the digital offering and introducing C&R Finance Process. Asset management and development, including improving retail/leisure mix, building local authority partnerships and delivering improvements to retail environment.
We enhance the quality of our assets and deliver attractive returns through our:
- Harvesting economies of scale to focus on the total cost of retailer occupation, which contributes to the profitable trading of our retail occupiers and rental growth.
- Intimate market knowledge and strong retailer relationships.
- Management of the properties as individual businesses, with a strong emphasis on high performing on-site management teams.
- Market leading processes that add value at each stage of the investment lifecycle from purchase to management, reconfiguration and refurbishment, ensuring the assets are fit for purpose, future proofed and of institutional quality.
- Integrated approach to the management of the centres. We do not outsource key functions; instead we develop direct relationships with retailers, shoppers and communities.
- Effective marketing of our assets to ensure their relevance to the communities in which we operate and our customers' loyalty and increased spend.
The C&R team have delivered great stores for us in Luton and Lincoln - they adopt a constructive approach to problem solving and we're looking forward to doing more business in the near future.H&M Head of Leasing UK