Sport for all
A focus on inclusivity for children and adults with physical disabilities and mental impairments is also reflective in Snozone’s charity partner, ‘Sense’, a charity for deaf/blind adults and children. This is a partnership that was established in 2014 and has delivered great benefits to Sense, as well as equipping members of the Snozone team with sign language skills.
Snozone has been a champion in addressing gender inequality in snow sports and was the first UK operator to support the Sport England ‘This Girl Can’ campaign, which aims to break down the barriers that prevent women and girls participating in sport. Snozone has taken a number of steps over the years to enable greater social mobility, focusing participation from broader demographic groups outside the more ‘traditional’ snow sports demography.
Snozone have held the Trip Advisor certificate of Excellence for the Yorkshire and Milton Keynes venues since 2016 and were awarded Travellers Choice status in 2020.
- LED lighting installed at all venues.
- Reduced supply chain visitation; reducing deliveries by 50% - halving carbon emissions.
- Eliminated all F&B plastic disposables.
- Reduced electricity and gas consumption annually since 2015.
- Will reduce carbon emissions by 1116 tonnes in 2021.
- Utilise ‘Tree nation’ whereby trees are planted on behalf of guests who rebook group lessons.
Snozone are delighted to have been announced winners at the UK School Travel Awards, in the category of “Best Sporting Venue” for children learning outside the classroom.
Snozone are now three-time winners and six-time finalists at this prestigious event, underlining their strong history of supporting the national curriculum by providing a number of activities and educational courses designed to enable students to develop confidence, resilience, leadership and team work as well as of course, snow sports skills.
Additional ESG Highlights
- Awarded Disability Confident accreditation. Snozone take action to recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
- Run an employee assist programme to supply virtual support and advice to the team regarding their mental health & wellbeing.
- Only partner with companies who have signed up to the Modern Slavery Act and the Anti-Bribery & Corruption Act.
- Addressing gender disparity in a traditionally male orientated sport; 49% of the team are female.
- Provide all NHS staff with a free 1 hour lift pass per week as a ‘thank you’ for caring through the crisis. To October 2021, there’s been 4,000 redemptions.
- Proud supporters of the Hidden Disability Sunflower - providing recognition to those with hidden disabilities who may require additional support.
We work hard to ensure that the local communities and wider catchment areas that we serve are better places to be for all.
People & Community
Being a responsible business cannot be achieved without the support and active engagement of our colleagues.
Our robust corporate governance approach spans structure, organisational transparency, codes of conduct, risk, supply chain management, policy and impact measurement.