We define and lead Community Shopping, through our passionate creation of vibrant retail spaces and exceptional Customer and Guest experience.
C&R centres are specifically and individually designed to be a magnet for the local community - helping our retail customers and partners to drive revenue through footfall precisely matched to their offering.
For our guests, C&R centres strive to exceed community needs, expectations and preferences. Our total focus is to combine excellent standards of operation with a locally-tailored social and shopping experience
How we grow and maintain income from our portfolio
- We believe there are a number of assets that meet our potential investment criteria. Typically these will be assets that are under performing in their catchment but have significant asset management or development opportunities.
- If suitable we will acquire, wherever possible leveraging our deep industry relationships to secure off market transactions.
- Operational excellence, including developing an excellent local team, driving footfall through creative marketing, maximising commercial income opportunities, reducing costs, enhancing the digital offering and introducing C&R Finance Process. Asset management and development, including improving retail/leisure mix, building local authority partnerships and delivering improvements to retail environment.
We enhance the quality of our assets and deliver attractive returns through our:
- Harvesting economies of scale to focus on the total cost of retailer occupation, which contributes to the profitable trading of our retail occupiers and rental growth.
- Intimate market knowledge and strong retailer relationships.
- Management of the properties as individual businesses, with a strong emphasis on high performing on-site management teams.
- Market leading processes that add value at each stage of the investment lifecycle from purchase to management, reconfiguration and refurbishment, ensuring the assets are fit for purpose, future proofed and of institutional quality.
- Integrated approach to the management of the centres. We do not outsource key functions; instead we develop direct relationships with retailers, shoppers and communities.
- Effective marketing of our assets to ensure their relevance to the communities in which we operate and our customers' loyalty and increased spend.
The C&R team have delivered great stores for us in Luton and Lincoln - they adopt a constructive approach to problem solving and we're looking forward to doing more business in the near future.H&M Head of Leasing UK